Re: [exim] Americangreetings.com Date Header

Autor: Chris Meadors
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Americangreetings.com Date Header
On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 14:57 +0100, Dennis Davis wrote:
> I'm seeing the same thing here as I'm rejecting messages that don't
> contain a Date header. From yesterday's logs I see:
>
> 2006-04-06 15:28:38 1FRVTS-0000Vg-6r H=iport.americangreetings.com [216. 33.97.79] I=[138.38.32.21]:25 F=<services@???> rejected after DATA: ...
>
> (the rejection was because of no Date header present)
>
> and the trace information from the rejectlog is:

>       by roche.bath.ac.uk with smtp  id 1FRVTS-0000Vg-6r
>       for XXXXXXXX@???
>       (return-path <services@???>); Thu, 06 Apr 2006 15:28:38 +0100

> so again the message arrived directly from an americangreetings.com
> server. Now I've looked, I can see several other examples of this.

Thank you. That is exactly what I'm seeing. I was just so frustrated
yesterday after talking to their support staff. They just kept saying,
"the message leaves here with a date." I'm not going to do anything to
work around this rejection for them. If they want to send eCards to my
users, they can include a Date: like the RFC says.