[exim] Getting SpamAssassin to work with exim

Autor: martin.dm.hull
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Getting SpamAssassin to work with exim
Hi

I'm running exim 4.50. I want to run spam assassin on my outgoing mail
server. There are no local mailboxes on this server.

I have installed spamassassin from the gzip version and run it using

spamd -s local6

However it doesn't kick it off in the background (even when using &
messages are logged straight to screen) which is a bit irritating.

There doesn't appear to be a lot in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

Where are all the spam options defined? How do I configure them? In
particular, DNS and network tests.

I am running as root - is this OK? I've seen some examples using a user
spam.

The SpamAssassin website isn't much use so I'm hoping that someone has
configured Exim and Spamassassin before for this sort of configuration.
Is there any useful documentation anywhere for using Spam Assassin with
exim?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Martin