Re: [exim] exim4: headers check syntax?

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumptes nous: Re: [exim] exim4: headers check syntax?
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim4: headers check syntax?
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 13:57:59 +0200, listrcv <listrcv@???>
>in exim3, there was an option to check the syntax of mail headers
>(headers_check_syntax or so).
>
>How do I enable that with exim4?
>

>Cyrus complains about invalid headers, so I want to check them before
>such mail is handed over to cyrus. Messages with invalid headers should
>be rejected before accepting them for not to have a possible exploit for
>SPAMers.

If you are on Debian, you only need to set the macro
CHECK_DATA_VERIFY_HEADER_SYNTAX. The code is already there in the DATA
acl.

The default is off since this might reject legitimate e-mail.

Greetings
Marc