Re: [exim] mail to myself is rejected

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Purves
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] mail to myself is rejected
Thank you for your reply. When I first started the post I hadn't
considered that the cause of the problem was firewalling or interception
of my messages, but that is what it appears to be, so it is not a
problem with exim.

W B Hacker wrote:
> Chris Purves wrote:
>
> *trimmed*
>

>> My server (as well as myself) is located in Shanghai.
>
> - On an 'Allocated Portable' IP
>
> - In a dynamically-allocated IP netblock often denied MTA
> connection by potential peers if not firewalled by the netblock owner,
> the PRC Government, or some combination of the above.
>
> - In a country where one is expected/required to use their own
> connectivity-provider / ISP for all outbound mail traffic.

> - where the law (technically) requires you to register as an
> 'encryption' user even for the use of an SSL cert. (Have you?)

I hadn't considered that I would need to, but when I searched around it
looks like I also need to register my website as well as my blog. I'm
still looking for where and how I would do that.

> Suggest a new hobby, or a leased server in Singapore or Hong Kong.

I will consider your suggestion.

> Otherwise you are making it tougher for the rest of us that have to
> support business clients, live, and work, in this environment, which
> improves only at its own speed.

That's certainly not my intention.

--
Good day, eh.