Re: [exim] Brain Teaser - how would you do this?

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Brain Teaser - how would you do this?
Tony Finch wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Marc Perkel wrote:
>

>>OK - here's what I want to do. I want to forward a copy of selected email to
>>another email address, but only if the email address that I want to forward to
>>is a valid working email address. So - I need to do a callout and check if the
>>email address is valid before I forward a copy.
>

> require verify = recipient/callout
>
> Tony.

Well - yes, if on the same server ....

And ISTR, that one or several of the web-interface end-user
tools for setting up forwarders and such DO check at least 'same
box' addresses for validity, else won't 'apply' them.

But it becomes a non-trivial exercise when forwarding is to go
to someone else's MX.

As I never expect M. Perkel to do anything standard, easy, or
direct, at least not on this list.....

;-)

Bill