Re: [exim] Brain Teaser - how would you do this?

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Brain Teaser - how would you do this?
Marc Perkel wrote:

*trimmed*

> the email address
> I need to verify isn't either the sender or the recipient. I need to
> verify and arbetrary address that I generate to see if it exists

Pardon my ignorance, but if you are the one who 'generates' it
and it is truly 'arbitrary' then WOGGE would you *expect* it to
'exist'?

Or, perhaps backing into it, why 'generate' an address, known to
be 'arbitrary', or otherwise, if the goal is to insure delivery?

Would it not be more reasonable to instruct / assist clients to
have a 'quarantine' account or folder with characteristics
specified in advance, then drop traffic on the floor if they
don't comply?

It is probable spam we are talking about, is it not?

How much engineering can that justify vs stuffing **SPAM?** into
a header???

Or is your 'service' falsing on you too often? ;-)

Bill