Re: [exim] Compile time problems

Autor: David Woodhouse
A: Ian Eiloart
CC: David Saez Padros, exim-users, Doug Jolley
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Compile time problems
On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 13:14 +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> True, but I'd hope that those institutions have proper controls. In our
> case we'd be able to track a student abusing the network, and we're very
> soon going to firewall all but our official servers, so that they can't
> send mail out on port 25.

By those arguments it would be acceptable just to whitelist all mail
from hosts where the reverse DNS matches *.ac.uk (assuming the forward
DNS confirms it, of course).

Just depends how permissive you want your whitelist to be, I suppose.

--
dwmw2