Re: [exim] RFC on accepting mail to return path addresses

Author: Sander Smeenk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] RFC on accepting mail to return path addresses
Quoting David Woodhouse (dwmw2@???):

> Rejecting mail with non-empty reverse-path to your signed addresses
> isn't really that important, so if it's a problem you might as well
> relax the checking.

It's in *your* config my friend! :P

|        {${if and { {!eq {$sender_address}{}} \
|                    {!eqi {$sender_address_local_part}{postmaster}}\
|                    {!eq {$address_data}{verifying sender}}\
|                  } \
|                {:fail: Invalid SRS bounce (Not DSN: $sender_address)}\

> It's worth reporting the problem to the offending sites though.

Yea, i'm wondering what would happen if i also enabled callout on my
server. It would probably cause loops, or not, as the sending MTA also
uses some kind of temporary address in the callout.

I'm just curious as to what return path addresses are supposed to be
used for. How the opinions on that are set...

Regards,
Sander.