Re: [exim] Solaris9 Compile error with mysql

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ken Fry
CC: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Solaris9 Compile error with mysql
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Ken Fry wrote:

> I'm unable to compile exim4.60 on Solaris9 box, tried searching through
> archives, without any luck
> LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I /usr/local/mysql/include
> LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lmysqlclient -L/usr/local/mysql/lib
>
> awk '{ print ($1+1) }' cnumber.h > cnumber.temp
> rm -f cnumber.h; mv cnumber.temp cnumber.h
> gcc version.c
> rm -f exim
> gcc -o exim
> kstat_data_lookup                   os.o
> kstat_lookup                        os.o
> kstat_read                          os.o
> kstat_open                          os.o
> kstat_close                         os.o

I don't see those errors when I compile on a box that is running

SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

This is without MySQL, but those errors don't relate to MySQL at all.
The Local/Makefile I used does not modify any OS-related settings. Take
a look at "man kstat_lookup" on your system and see if it wants some
special library.