Re: [exim] Exim timeout?

Author: listrcv
To: Jeff Lasman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim timeout?
Jeff Lasman wrote:

> I wrote previously, I have to get a handle on how DirectAdmin handles
> the routing of the Spam. I believe this will work and I'll work on the
> exim.conf file as soon as I hear from the folk at DirectAdmin.

What is DirectAdmin?

> Not filtering for spam works for me. Sure I get some. But it's better
> to get some than have the server problems.

You might run into user problems instead ;)

> What I'd really like to do is run email on it's own server(s),
> heavy-duty, built for the task.

Yeah, such things need to be reliable. Always use hardware RAID on
servers that need to be reliable and have to store valuable data. You
will probably not want to use a mail store that keeps all mail in a
single file per user. At the same time, keep it as simple as possible.

Think about running exim 4.60, using the built-in means for virus
scanning and SPAM checking (with a messages size limit applied), and
cyrus 2.2 as a backend.

Insist on the RAID. It means some extra expense, but it saves you much
more that it costs once a disk fails. If you can't get hardware RAID,
use software RAID.

> However there's only one control panel I know of that sets that up
> (H-Sphere) and it uses qmail (please excuse me; I need to go and clean
> myself up after using that word <wry grin>).

Control panel?

GH