RE: [exim] Exim timeout?

Author: Bradley Walker
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Exim timeout?
It seems there is a pattern with some of the emails that are getting frozen.
One client has an daily 'inspirational' legitimate solicited email that she
likes to get, which is one of the first ones to get frozen. The vast
majority of the frozen messages are spam (I verify that by viewing their
bodies) with a lesser amount being legitimate ones.

However when emails have frozen in the past, I do check the exim log and it
shows that there was a timed out email saying the childprocess of spamd
timed out wile writing to the pipe. That is a very loose interpretation of
what the error was without hunting down in my 1.5gb size log.