Re: [exim] srs_alt.h

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: Doug Jolley
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] srs_alt.h
On 2006-03-16 at 15:23 -0800, Doug Jolley wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Exim 4.60 on an FC2 system.
> I am upgrading an old 4.43 system and part of
> the motivation is to take advantage of the
> integrated Exiscan capabilities. However, I
> think that is causing me a bit of a problem at
> the moment. The compilation process is hanging
> for want of the header file srs_alt.h. I have no
> idea what I'm going to use to provide that. Does
> anyone have any suggestions on how I should
> proceed? Thanks for any input.

When building Exim from scratch, you would create Local/Makefile by
copying src/EDITME.

When upgrading Exim and keeping an existing Local/Makefile, it can be
useful to look the the new src/EDITME for extra instructions.

Even better may be to mv Local/Makefile to Local/previous-Makefile, copy
src/EDITME to Local/Makefile and then merge your changes back in.

Any way you go about it: search the newer src/EDITME for "SRS" and
enjoy.

Regards,
-Phil