Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: listrcv
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: bawalker
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Exim timeout?
Bradley Walker wrote:

> (1) × mleatherland@??? F= R=spamcheck_director T=spamcheck: Child
> process of spamcheck transport returned 2 from command: /usr/sbin/exim
> (preceded by transport filter timeout while writing to pipe)

Spamd may eat some gigs(!) of RAM (besides clamad), so the server gets
into swapping and bogs down. I think that is an issue the devs of
spamassassin should take care of ...

Meanwhile, since a timeout won't help you, set a size limit on the
messages that are to be scanned like this:

acl_check_data:

   # Deny if the message contains a virus. Before enabling this check, you
   # must install a virus scanner and set the av_scanner option above.
   #
   discard malware   = *
           demime    = *
           log_message   =
virus%$tod_log%<$return_path>%<$recipients>%($malware_name)

   # Add headers to a message if it is judged to be spam. Before
enabling this,
   # you must install SpamAssassin. You may also need to set the
spamd_address
   # option above.
   #
   warn    condition = ${if < {$message_size}{100k} }
           spam      = spamd
           message   = X-Spam_score: $spam_score\n\
                       X-Spam_score_int: $spam_score_int\n\
                       X-Spam_bar: $spam_bar\n\
                       X-Spam_report: $spam_report

You may want to go down to 10k rather than 100. I would also recommend
the following to protect the server from being flooded:

split_spool_directory = true
check_spool_space = 1024M
smtp_check_spool_space = true

message_size_limit = 100M
bounce_return_size_limit = 8k

deliver_queue_load_max = 2.00
queue_only_load = 1.50
remote_max_parallel = 8

You will have to fine tune the above (load) limits to what your server
is capable of.

In case you still don't get to a sufficient performance, you can set up
other servers to run spamd on them (max. 12, afair) and make several
entries on the mail server for the spam checker to use. The
spamd-servers will be used by the mail server in turn automatically to
distribute the load. See the exim documentation for that.

GH