Re: [exim] conditional whitelisting

Autor: Jeff Lasman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] conditional whitelisting
On Tuesday 14 March 2006 03:59 am, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> > <snip>
> >   accept sender_domains = +whitelist_domains
> >          domains = +local_domains
> > </snip>
> > I think that'll do it.  Am I missing something?
>
> Depending on how you check your clients' authenticity (smtp auth,
> allowed IP addresses etc.), you could add that also to this ACL to
> stop the often seen spam with a faked sender being in the same
> domain. That'll only work if your clients only use your hosts for
> sending out mail, though.

We're in the webhosting business so we can't control how our clients
send out their email. And I'm not sure I'd want to; life is much
easier when clients use their own ISP to send email, if only because
that way we don't have to teach them how to change the SMTP port in the
Outlook <smile>.

However we do require all senders to authenticate either by POP before
SMTP, or password. Could we add a line:

authenticated = *

?

My understanding is that the line means only those who've been
authenticated. Or does that mean something completely different?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA 92408