Re: [exim] despammed.com

Autor: Jeff Lasman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] despammed.com
On Monday 06 March 2006 05:16 pm, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> Has anybody delivery problems to despammed.com?
>
>    postmaster@???
>      SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
> TO:<postmaster@???>:
>      host mail.despammed.com [65.112.71.26]: 550 5.7.1
> <postmaster@???>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed
> [81.174.30.132]

> I do not understand the reason, my DNS is fine and I tried three
> times from three different domains.
>
> Any ideas? (apart from blacklisting them, for good measure)

This is just a wag...

Within the last week DNS Report started reporting using recursive
nameservers as a FAIL condition.

So many admins have turned off recursion on BIND.

But many of those have forgotten to change their /etc/resolv.conf file
to stop using those local nameservers for recursion.

We've seen this a lot in the last few days. It may be what's happening
for you.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA 92408