Re: [exim-dev] Changing received_header_text default?

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Changing received_header_text default?
On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 10:39 +0100, Michael Haardt wrote:
> We are talking about two different things here. I saw how Evolution
> showed a "fixed-up" message *source*, pretending the MIME structure of
> a message was correct, although it was not. I am not talking about the
> regular display of mails.

That's just another manifestation of the same bug. Evolution does this
in the mail back end; not just for display.

Not sure what you mean by 'pretending the MIME structure of a message
was correct, although it was not'. If Evolution is only folding
whitespace, surely that doesn't affect the correctness of the MIME
structure?

Or do you mean 'correct' as in Evolution is pretending to show a true
representation of what was sent, rather than 'correct' as in Evolution
is pretending that the mail itself being RFC-compliant?

--
dwmw2