Re: [exim] virtual mail redirect question

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Vincent
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] virtual mail redirect question
On 2006-03-11 at 22:45 -0600, Vincent wrote:
> I have successfully configured it to have separate alias files for each
> domain for virtual domains.  I am using
>     data = ${lookup{$local_part} nwildlsearch{/etc/exim/virtual/$domain}}

> Is there a way to configure exim so I can have something like
>     *   vince-$local_part
> in the alias file for the virtual domain, so that it will work like
> a catch all, but forward to a unique local_part_suffix for each user?

> It does not seem to expand variables, such as $local_part, in the alias
> file.

file:
 *     vince-LOCALPART

Router, don't use the default {$value} result (untested):
 data = ${lookup{$local_part} nwildlsearch{/etc/exim/virtual/$domain} \
     {${sg{$value}{LOCALPART}{$local_part}}}fail}

Exim Spec, section 10.5 has details on "Expansion items" which includes
${lookup ...} and ${sg...}.

Your existing "data" rule is using an abbreviated form of ${lookup},
which has an implicit {$value}fail at the end. Read the section on
lookup in 10.5 for clear details.

Regards,
-Phil