Re: Re: [exim] How to substitute colon `:' for another chara…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: My BSD
CC: exim-users, exim-users
Subject: Re: Re: [exim] How to substitute colon `:' for another character in maildir_format delivery file name?
On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 09:41 -0500, My BSD wrote:
> There is apparently something "holy" about the colon character in the
> file name because Timo warned me that "Changing [the colon character]
> breaks maildir standard, so [he doesn't] want to make it any easier to
> change it."

Not holy - its just the Maildir+ standard. You can change the
directories to be fred, jim and shirley (instead of new, cur and tmp) if
you wish - just don't expect it to interwork with any other Maildir
implementations (ie if you use a MUA directly on the dir without a imap
server). Same for the filename structure.

    Nigel.