Re: [exim] Exim and Brightmail

Autor: Jeremy Harris
A: exim-users @ exim. org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim and Brightmail
Riaan Annandale wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a fairly simple question:
>
> I am running exim with brightmail 6.0.3 and it works, ie. I can use
> brightmail verdicts / vars in the routers section.
>
> But now I would like to reject spam messages after the end of data
> command "."
>
> So I imagine i need to add stuff to the acl_check_data acl? or something
> along those lines.
>
> I have played around with trying to log brightmail vars/verdics in the
> ACLs but they don't seem to exist at "ACL time" if you know what i mean.

No, I don't.

There are the ACLs run at RCPT time and those run after the DATA
terminating "." (among others). The former don't have access
to the mail data, as it hasn't been received yet. The latter do.

If brightmail add their "verdicts" to the mail data, you will
have to wait until the latter to see them.

Hope this helps.
- Jeremy