RE: [exim] Multiple Instances of Exim

Autor: Steffen Heil
A: maillist, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Multiple Instances of Exim
Hi

> The primary IP Address of the server is 10.0.0.112
> Alias IP Addresses bound to the same NIC is 10.0.0.113 and 10.0.0.114
>
> The reason for this setup is that previously we had clients
> relay through a server and would get black listed at some
> sites, i.e. SpamCop etc. for sending unsolicited bulk mails.
> Whilst this happens, all legit mails also going through that
> server would get blocked and we in turn end up with hassles.

This makes no sense, since SpamCop etc. list public IP addresses.
The addresses above are private, they will never be listed.
I assume you have some nat behind, wich will again blacklist all.

> Now what I have found is that when I send a mail through
> 10.0.0.112.25 it gets delivered remotely as from 10.0.0.112.
>
> If I send a mail through 10.0.0.113.25, it also gets delivered through
> 10.0.0.112 and _not_ through 10.0.0.113
>
> The same goes for 10.0.0.114
>
> I would have thought that it would work that way, but clearly
> it's not. Is it at all possible to have Exim deliver mail
> through the different IP Addresses ? And just thinking about
> it, I also don't have separate queues for the different
> instances ? Would that be the problem ?

See interface(s) option on the remote router.

Regards,
Steffen