[exim] Multiple Instances of Exim

Autor: RC
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Multiple Instances of Exim
Hi Guys

I've been trying to setup a server here that will have multiple instances of
Exim running on multiple IP Addresses.

If I have setup the following scenario

The primary IP Address of the server is 10.0.0.112

Alias IP Addresses bound to the same NIC is 10.0.0.113 and 10.0.0.114

The reason for this setup is that previously we had clients relay through a
server and would get black listed at some sites, i.e. SpamCop etc. for
sending unsolicited bulk mails. Whilst this happens, all legit mails also
going through that server would get blocked and we in turn end up with
hassles.

We thought it best to have multiple IP's configured on the server with
multiple instances of Exim bound to each of the IP Addresses. That way, when
a particular IP gets blacklisted, it will not have any influence on the
other mails going out from that server and would only affect a particular
client.

Now what I have found is that when I send a mail through 10.0.0.112.25 it
gets delivered remotely as from 10.0.0.112.

If I send a mail through 10.0.0.113.25, it also gets delivered through
10.0.0.112 and _not_ through 10.0.0.113

The same goes for 10.0.0.114

I would have thought that it would work that way, but clearly it's not. Is
it at all possible to have Exim deliver mail through the different IP
Addresses ? And just thinking about it, I also don't have separate queues
for the different instances ? Would that be the problem ?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

RC