[exim] LDAP dereference parameter don't work on active direc…

Autor: Justo Alonso
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] LDAP dereference parameter don't work on active directory
Hi!
    I'm trying to auth smtp with ldap active directory. All works, but I'm
getting a 3 minutes timeout trying to get the results from ldap.

    Running strace I see that the lookup tries to search all references, but
I already set dereference=never, so it seems that it's not working. This is
the server_condition that I'm using:

server_condition = ${lookup ldap {user="${lookup
ldapdn{user="LDAP_ACTIVE_USER" pass=${quote:LDAP_ACTIVE_PASS} \
                        dereference=never size=1
ldap:///LDAP_ACTIVE_BASEDN?dn?sub?LDAP_ACTIVE_AUTH_P}}" \
                        pass=${quote:$3} dereference=never size=1 \

ldap:///LDAP_ACTIVE_BASEDN?mail?sub?LDAP_ACTIVE_AUTH_P}{1}{0}}

If I set nettime=1 on the ldapdn lookup, then all works (I get the
timeout in just one second), the second query gets executed following no
references (maybe it's using the cached connection)

thanks in advance,
justo