Re: [exim] Protesting AOL pay to send email plan

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Protesting AOL pay to send email plan
On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 02:34:17PM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
>As many of you know AOL is contemplating a pay to send email plan. So
>I'm protesting it by doing a DEFER on my lowest MX record server. The
>other server will accept AOL email, but the DEFER puts a line in AOL log
>files every time AOL tries to send email to one of my users. Of course

[snip drivel]

I never saw the day that the EFF ever had a clue on spam. And plenty of
times when they've simply misrepresented a whole lot of facts to produce
quite laughable opinions on the subject of spam.

And I've seen more than one day when moveon.org has run badly managed
enough mailing lists that they're indistinguishable from spam to our
filters. Like the time they managed to email one of our role accounts -
which is read by staffers based in Hong Kong - inviting us to participate
in a rally / march outside the white house. Maybe they also intended to buy
HKG-IAD tickets and reserve hotel acco for a dozen people..

I've already commented on this at
<http://www.circleid.com/posts/eff_on_goodmail_further_confusing_an_already_confused_issue/>

Feel free to comment further there - and take this off exim-users. Even
with that exim acl in there, it isnt any more on topic than the rest of
your usual drivel.

    srs