[exim] Retry time not reached for any host

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Gareth Hastings
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Retry time not reached for any host
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me find this problem:

I am seeing loads and loads of these errors

2006-03-02 10:36:29 1FElAa-000327-00 == gdh_test@???
<message filter> T=smtp defer (-44): retry time not reached for any host

in my logs and was wondering what is the best way to check out this
problem?

The message filter is doing an unseen deliver to
gdh_test@??? on any inbound emails that have
"gareth" in the recipient address (to, cc and bcc).

bounce:
  transport  = smtp
  driver     = domainlist
  domains    = "*theweldinginstitute.com"
  route_list = * cluster-b.mailcontrol.com byname; \
               * cluster-f.mailcontrol.com byname

When I check the logs I can't see any other messages failing, timing out
except the logs entries as above. I have had around 650+ entries like
this appear in the logs since about 3am this morning. This filter was
put in place yesterday morning around 10am!

I have checked general connectivity and our monitoring systems show that
we've had no network outages over the last 24 hours, no other mail has
bounced (in or out), I can telnet to the servers that host
theweldinginstitute.com's mail and they answer, accept mail and deliver
it with no problems.

Any ideas on other bits I could check?

Thanks

--
Gareth Hastings

Seeking Technical Information? Industrial Members can access data as JoinIT registrants on http://www.twi.co.uk.

When sending e-mails to TWI, please help us by including your name, company and details in your e-mail signature.

Please note that all e-mail is monitored.

Disclaimer

This message and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised, and any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this material is prohibited and may be unlawful. We will not under any circumstances accept responsibility or liability arising from, out of, or in connection with, unauthorised use of this material. If you have received this message in error, by e-mail, please contact TWI before deleting it. In the case of a fax, please return the original transmission to TWI by mail without making a copy.

TWI holds the original document of this transmission and TWI will not be held responsible for the contents of the received copy, its further reproduction nor any breach of confidentiality in transmission.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com