Re: [exim] Some spam domains for people

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: vvislobokov
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Some spam domains for people
Viktor Vislobokov wrote:

> I agree, but...
> For example, I'm Russian and received a letter from a *.jp domain (Japan).
> 999 letters from 1000 is really spam. This is fact.
> And this is right for Brasil too. Sorry :(

Well, I personally prefer to let 999 spam mails get through (the connect
phase, that is. still can be filtered out later) than 1 ham to get lost,
but YMMV of course.

You could take your list as a basis for greylisting, which will give
legitimate senders a chance to get through. Or at least move the
blocking to the RCPT phase, so legit MTAs won't retry. And you should
whitelist mail to postmaster@your-domain, not only to be a good netizen,
but also to not end up on a blacklist which will give you bad score in
return.