Re: [exim] LMTP over TCP - returning errors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Pete Naylor
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] LMTP over TCP - returning errors
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Pete Naylor wrote:

> > diff smtp.c.orig smtp.c.work
> 1570a1571
> >           setflag(addr, af_pass_message);

> ... results in the text associated with 5XX codes after the LMTP DATA
> phase being quoted when the messages are returned. However, overquota
> conditions (4XX after the LMTP RCPT TO: phase I believe) do not product
> any details in the returned messages.

I'm starting to look at this. The first thing that occurs to me is that
4XX is a temporary error which will not of itself cause the message to
be returned. The return will not happen until the retry time is
exceeded. Of course, you can set the retry time to zero, but logically
that's how Exim handles it. So I would have expected the message to be
"retry time exceeded" if anything. Can you confirm whether or not you
see that in your log? I will peer at the code and see if the 4XX error
message is still preserved, and then see if anything can be done.