[exim] LMTP over TCP - returning errors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pete Naylor
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] LMTP over TCP - returning errors

I'm having some trouble with delivery to Cyrus using Exim's LMTP via TCP
transport. Actually - the delivery is working fine. The problem I have
is that when the delivery fails (after DATA generally) or defers (after
RCPT TO because of an overquota condition generally), the error text given
during the LMTP session is not quoted when the message is returned to the
sender by Exim. The results are logged in the main log, though. I've set
smtp_return_error_details true, but that makes no difference :-/ I've got
users complaining that they get messages returned to them with no
indication as to the cause.

We presently have Exim 4.54 in production. I started looking through the
source to gain an understanding of what was behind the problem, and found
that the following change...

> diff smtp.c.orig smtp.c.work

1570a1571
>           setflag(addr, af_pass_message);

... results in the text associated with 5XX codes after the LMTP DATA
phase being quoted when the messages are returned. However, overquota
conditions (4XX after the LMTP RCPT TO: phase I believe) do not product
any details in the returned messages.

Has anyone else encountered this? Can someone suggest either a
configuration change or a patch against the 4.54 source to fix the problem
described above?