Re: [exim] Problem sending Mail to comcast

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tom Fischer
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Problem sending Mail to comcast
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 01:18:21 +0100
Jakob Hirsch <jh@???> wrote:

> Tom Fischer wrote:
>
> > It is artedona.de. The Domain exist. They relay about our
> > Mail-Server
>
> Yes, but the resolving is not only overly indirect (artedona.de ->
> ns{1,2}.ebuz-kunden.de -> ns{1,2}.dns-resolver.net), the TTL for the
> MX and NS RR is 1 (one!) second. You should really fix both of that.
> Glue records are a good thing.

Fixed the 1s TTL-Problem, i think i need vacation. This was only for
moving the Domain but was a while ago :-(. The Glue Record is a nice
problem. The interface from our Domainprovider shows it correct but it
nevere reached the denic servers and nobody knows why. I tried to get
them since September last Year. I never thought that this could cause
such problems. Hope they get it fixed today.

> > i mean is that exim transmits the Mail FROM:, SIZE, RCPT TO and DATA
> > in one piece without waiting for the return code from comcast Server
> > and so
>
> That's perfectly legal, as comcast's server is announcing the
> PIPELINING extension. Only that Exim does not send DATA before the
> response to the last RCPT TO is received.

Uh, thanks for the explanation.

> > valid sender Domain. I think the Problem here is that my exim waits
> > near to Time-Out from TCP Protocol because comcast Server doesn't
> > answer.
>
> What makes you think that?

Because when i do a telnet connection to comcast mail gateway i have to
wait for about 4 minutes until it gives the return codes (maybe this is
related to pipeline, don't know)

> Anyway, comcast is notorious for its broken POP3 server, and they use
> the same software for smtp, so it wouldn't suprise me, if they have
> some strange setup on them.

I heard about it :-)

> There's no indication for a problem in Exim. If your problem persists
> after you fix your dns, you should complain to their postmaster.

Thanks for your help and time.

Tom