Re: [exim] Problem sending Mail to comcast

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
To: Tom Fischer
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Problem sending Mail to comcast
Tom Fischer wrote:

> It is artedona.de. The Domain exist. They relay about our Mail-Server

Yes, but the resolving is not only overly indirect (artedona.de ->
ns{1,2}.ebuz-kunden.de -> ns{1,2}.dns-resolver.net), the TTL for the MX
and NS RR is 1 (one!) second. You should really fix both of that.
Glue records are a good thing.

> i mean is that exim transmits the Mail FROM:, SIZE, RCPT TO and DATA in
> one piece without waiting for the return code from comcast Server and so

That's perfectly legal, as comcast's server is announcing the PIPELINING
extension. Only that Exim does not send DATA before the response to the
last RCPT TO is received.

> valid sender Domain. I think the Problem here is that my exim waits near
> to Time-Out from TCP Protocol because comcast Server doesn't answer.

What makes you think that?

Anyway, comcast is notorious for its broken POP3 server, and they use
the same software for smtp, so it wouldn't suprise me, if they have some
strange setup on them.

There's no indication for a problem in Exim. If your problem persists
after you fix your dns, you should complain to their postmaster.