Re: [exim] patch for Exim on FreeBSD - implementation of res…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Stanislaw Halik
CC: exim-users
Assumptes vells: [exim] patch for Exim on FreeBSD - implementation of resource limits
Assumpte: Re: [exim] patch for Exim on FreeBSD - implementation of resource limits
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Stanislaw Halik wrote:

> a while ago I made a patch, causing Exim to set resource limits (via a
> login_cap(3) library functions) when running a pipe transport.

As at least one other person thought this was a good idea, I have
implemented support for this, but not exactly you did it, which wasn't
really in the right place. Apparently, the facility is available on
FreeBSD, NetBSD, and BSD/OS (aka BSDI). I have therefore enabled it for
those three systems. On those systems, there is a new option for
the pipe transport, called use_classresources. If it is set TRUE, then
the code that you supplied will be obeyed, but only for pipe processes.
(It happens in a setup function for the pipe transport, not in the
general "change uid" function.)

As I am unable to test whether this works, I would like somebody to try
it out. The new code is commited to the CVS, so it will be in the
automatic snapshot that will be taken at 03h15 UTC tonight (my night).
The snapshot will end up in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.bz2

Philip