Re: [exim] Not frozing on unexistent user

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Not frozing on unexistent user
On 2/20/06 2:04 PM, "David Woodhouse" <dwmw2@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 20:58 +0000, Peter Bowyer wrote:
>> verify = recipient/callout
>
> One should never say the above without explicitly including the
> 'use_sender' option -- since recipient verification without use_sender
> is fairly much broken.
>
> verify = recipient/callout,use_sender

"Never" seems a bit strong. If one controls the server being called out to
and knows that the sender doesn't matter to that server's response, then it
shouldn't matter. On the other hand, in that situation, use_sender doesn't
hurt much, either (it may enlarge caches, or I would just say "doesn't
hurt").

--John