[exim] Re: Debian uucp

Author: Joerg Sommer
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Debian uucp
Hello Jakob,

Jakob Hirsch <jh@???> wrote:

>>> Why not? It's a precondition, so the router will not run (and therefore
>>> not defer) if ~/.forward is not accessible.
>> As I understand the spec the check is only if the user exists (in
>> /etc/passwd). This is always valid, because uucp is part of the default
>
> No, it will check if the user has access rights to the specified file.

Isn't this want "require_files = $home/.forward" does? Why does this
fail, but not the version with te $local_part?

> If the user does not exist, the precondition will fail.

But in the case of uucp it exist everytime.

>> I would say Debian should add uucp to its alias file. Otherwise the
>> default installation would fail.
>
> Actually, "uucp: root" _is_ in the aliases file of the Debian system I
> have access to. The file was generated by eximconfig.

Good. Thus there is nothing to complain about. I said nothing. ;-)

Bye, Jörg.
--
Dein Gesicht wird dir geschenkt. Lächeln musst du selber! (Inga Hermann)