Re: [exim] Graceful Restart?

Author: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Graceful Restart?
On Wednesday 08 February 2006 20:12, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Does Exim have some kind of a graceful restart option so that I could
> change the config files without killing all the current processes? If it
> doesn't have this I'd like to suggest it. HTTPD has it and it's nice.

Um, what kind of system are you running Exim on?

On {some|many|most} systems the init script allows for a graceful restart
by running '/etc/init.d/exim4 reload', which I believe simply does a 'kill
-1' [same as 'kill -HUP'] on the daemon. I think it should be the same on
most *nix systems.

    - Chris

--

Chris Knadle