Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Jetmore
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, John Jetmore wrote:

> Well, I acknowledge that you aren't going to be able to snap your
> fingers and figure out the problem from there.

My omnipotence seems to be on the wane these days. :-)

> I'll put it on the list of things to look into further and let you
> know if I figure anything out.

Thank you. Tests that involve timeouts are soooo tricky to get right.

> Also, small, unrelated patch to runtest attached to change a PORT:INT
> report to INT:PORT.

I've changed that. I have now committed the new test suite to the CVS in
the directory exim-test. (The old suite is still in exim-test-orig.) Its
version is set to 4.61 because it will be released under that number
when 4.61 is released.

Er, hold on that for a bit. I don't seem to have got the commit properly
done yet; not all the files are there and I've made a mess of the CVS.
Time to go home now, and I think I'll need help to sort this out. :-(
But it will get there as soon as I can make it do so.