[exim] Exim, Dictionary Attacks and APF firewall

Author: Cal Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim, Dictionary Attacks and APF firewall
Greeting Exim Friends.

I've just finished testing on my latest project. It integrates the
dictionary attack concepts found at
http://www.configserver.com/free/eximdeny.html with APF firewall. The
concept is that exim finds and initially blocks dictionary attackers and
periodically, those IP addresses are moved in your firewall and out of exim.

The code and a complete description is available here:
http://www.calevans.com/view.php/page/edf

It was originally built on Jeff Lasman's SpamBlocker conf file for the
DirectAdmin control panel but it should be implementable in just about
any exim setup. It may also be possible to use this with another
firewall but since I use APF, that's the only one tested.

As with most OSS projects, I wrote this to scratch my own itch. You are
free to use it if you like but it is provided without any warranty.

Comments and questions are always welcomed.

=C=