Re: [exim] Spam gets through

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dennis Davis
Para: exim-users
CC: ams
Asunto: Re: [exim] Spam gets through
On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, ams@??? wrote:

>Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:58:45 -0500 (EST)
>From: ams@???
>To: exim-users@???
>Subject: [exim] Spam gets through
>
>I apologise in advance if I'm not posting to the right list. I
>do so because I strongly suspect that this list members have the
>expertise to solvethe probelm and I got no response from SA-exim
>list.
>
>Now, to the question: occasionally spam is delivered to inboxes
>despite being marked as such by Spamassassin. An example is
>below. I'm running Debian packaged exim + spamassassin +
>SA-exim. Any explanation will be much appreciated.

You also appear to be having your mail delivered to a Cyrus IMAP
server using lmtpd listening on a Unix socket.

I'm not familiar with SA-exim, I use the inbuilt facilities in
exim-4.60 to drive SpamAssassin etc. So *exactly* how is mail being
delivered?

Is your exim configuration meant to reject the spam but is instead
delivering it to the Cyrus IMAP server?

Is your exim configuration meant to deliver spam mail to a nominated
"spam" mailbox? Ie rewrite a recipient of the form ams@???
to ams+spam@??? and expect Cyrus to deliver it to a "spam"
folder.

Are you running with a Cyrus sieve filter that's meant to recognise
lines such as:

and divert the mail to a spam folder?

There are probably other possibilities that I can't think of
right now.

As you hinted, this might not be the right list. it could well be
that this is a Cyrus problem. We've certainly seen occasional
cases where mail has been delivered to the Cyrus INBOX rather than
a designated folder. Intermittent problems such as this are very
difficult to diagnose. But you could ask this question on the Cyrus
users mailing list *if* it appears to be an intermittent problem
with Cyrus.

Note that the version of Cyrus you are using is currently in
maintenance mode and no upgrades are planned. The only advice you
might get it to upgrade to Cyrus 2.2.12 or Cyrus 2.3.1.

It's not really relevant to your question but you might like to
look at the Exim Wiki and see the section on delivering to Cyrus
via lmtpd listening on the loopback address. Works great for me
and enables you to use callout verification.

PS.  Had a look at the cycling pictures on your website.  Don't know
     why you'd want to ride anything else when you've got what
     appears to be a lovely steel Colnago :-)

--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101