[exim] Is there a way to automatically resend email through …

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Daevid Vincent
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Is there a way to automatically resend email through different gateway?
I have the DynDNS Outbound service that has worked miracles for getting out
of RBL hell. The issue is that I only am allowed 600 messages / day. With
just a few users, this is rapidly being used up.

I know next nothing about exim to be honest, but I have figured out enough
to get Exim (v4.54 on Gentoo) to use a 'list' of 'bad' servers that were
blocking me. So for those servers I would route to Outbound. However, in
order to find said servers, I need to read the logs and manually add them as
I detect them (which often means the original mails never went through as
most servers don't have the courtesy of bouncing the mail back, they just
discard *sigh*).

What I'd like to do is make it so that Exim tries 'normal' delivery, and if
that fails, then automatically route the same message through Outbound.

I have this relevant portions (today, I just set everything to go through
outbound, hence the # lines):

domainlist use_outbound_domains = /etc/exim/outbound.domains

  send_to_gateway:
      driver = manualroute
      domains = !+local_domains
#      domains = +use_outbound_domains
      transport = outbound_smtp
      route_list = * outbound.mailhop.org

  outbound_smtp:
      driver = smtp
      hosts_require_auth = outbound.mailhop.org

login:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
server_condition = "${if pam{$1:$2}{1}{0}}"
server_set_id = $1
# Exim list said that I could combine the client and server settings
# this line is merged from the 'outbound' instructions.
client_send = ": USERNAME : PASSWORD"

"You had me at EHLO" --E.Webb (10.04.05)