RE: [exim] Is there a way to automatically resend email thro…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Daevid Vincent
Para: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [exim] Is there a way to automatically resend email through different gateway?
> > What I'd like to do is make it so that Exim tries 'normal'
> delivery, and
> > if that fails, then automatically route the same message through
> > Outbound.
>
> ... why this cannot work reliably.
> And Exim cannot do it (AFAIK).

I don't see why it can't do it? If Exim tries to connect directly, then it
fails. I see that in the log. It seems that Exim is aware that there was a
failure, then it should be able to choose to forward the message through
Outbound at that point.

> You've been told solutions for your problem before. If you
> want to stick with yours, you have to live with the limitations.

Why are so many on this Exim list arrogant and elitist? It's really sad.
Every other list I'm on, the members try to help and strive to be polite.

I assume you mean -- get a static IP or some such "solution" (which involves
a financial investment)?

Well Jakob, it's not so easy (or cheap). My ISP is comcast and they are a
cable modem company (I do not have a phone or DSL at my home), they will
charge me $500/month for a business network line with a static IP. If you're
volunteering, I'm happy to take your donation.

The "solution" that should be acceptable, Jakob, is to use a service that
forwards mail on for me. That "solution" is working wonderfully, with the
limitation of number of emails sent.

Not that I owe you any defence, but I'm not a spammer. I'm just a guy
running a linux server -- as I've done since the early 90's -- when it was
on a 9600 baud dialup modem. I'm not an open relay. I work in network
security, so I follow best practices. I am also a valuable public list for
the music community. I do this for free. Out of my own time and expense.

I would appreciate your helpful advice, but please leave your snobbery out
of it.

Daevid.