Re: [exim] Exim+SA=Server Overloaded!

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim+SA=Server Overloaded!
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:01:55 -0200
Eduardo <otubo@???> wrote:

> I start the SA service, start exim4 service and i wait only some
> minutes and the server gets overloaded!

[snip]
> I have 216 users in the server, and I have an avarege about 10
> access / minute.

"access" = inbound SMTP mails?

> I THINK that the problem is that I am calling the SA service from ACL
> rules (in SMTP time)... but dont know how to change it to another way
> to fix the problem.

Changing it to another method (e.g. queue-then-scan) will only help
under a load peak, and introduces a whole load of other problems. If
your machine can't handle the steady-state volume of messages then that
won't help. It may just be that your server cannot handle the load.
SpamAssassin is very resource-hungry (especially if you have a lot of
external rulesets) and if you're handling a lot of mail, it's possible
that you may have insufficient RAM, CPU or both. In that case, you will
either have to upgrade, or just not use SA.

Tim