Re: [exim] Exim+SA=Server Overloaded!

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Eduardo
To: exim, sa
CC:
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim+SA=Server Overloaded!
George R. Kasica wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:01:55 -0200, you wrote:
>>

>> Hello!
>> Sorry to send another email about the same subject. But my mail server
>> crashed so i couldn't see the answers.
>>
>> I am calling my spamassassin service in SMTP time with some ACL rules in
>> my exim4 configuration file. I start the SA service, start exim4 service
>> and i wait only some minutes and the server gets overloaded!... almost
>> impossible to loggin and shutdown manually the server.
>>
>> I have 216 users in the server, and I have an avarege about 10 access /
>> minute.
>>
>> I THINK that the problem is that I am calling the SA service from ACL
>> rules (in SMTP time)... but dont know how to change it to another way to
>> fix the problem.
>>
>> Ah! When I turn off the SA service the server goes perfectly.
>>
>> Could somebody help me?!
>> Thanks anyway!
>>

> Also check to make sure your not using HUGE rulesets like the 2
> blacklist ones, that's what caused a problem here, once we stopped
> using those 2 all was happy.
>
> ===[George R. Kasica]===        +1 262 677 0766
> President                       +1 206 374 6482 FAX
> Netwrx Consulting Inc.          Jackson, WI USA
> http://www.netwrx1.com
> georgek@???
> ICQ #12862186

My problem still remains: I disabled ALL the rules I use to check (Rules
du Jour, Bayes, Razor and Pyzor) and, believe it or not, it is still
getting overloaded :(

There is some way to check WHAT is causing the overload? Some debug?!
(can I check the possible cause os the overload with "spamassassing
--lint -D" command?!)

Thanks to all :)