Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses
I'm again pasting several replies together here.

On Friday 20 January 2006 03:21, Klaus Maria Pfeiffer wrote:
> could it be, that the following is helping you?
>
> http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20051212/msg00148.
>html

Before posting to the list I had found this message in the archives and I
had tried it on a test box. Unfortunately it does not behave as it first
appears as it should -- the regex does not match. Sure enough, this is why:

On Friday 20 January 2006 04:56, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Try nwildlsearch, only that you cannot use glob wildcards, but regexs
> instead, e.g.:
>
> /some/file:
>
> ^user1-.*
> ^user2\+.*

After knowing this additional piece and using regexes similar to the above,
it does do the job.

Regardless of this, however, I'm still glad that to have found out about
local_part_suffix and local_part_prefix as it will allow me to support the
necessary addresses by a number of methods.

On Friday 20 January 2006 05:35, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> If there is no fixed separator, you must see if there is at least a
> list of those.

I'm told the particular setting is called 'recipient_delimiter' in Postfix,
so I expect that there is a fixed separator in the addresses.

> And if a separator might also appear in a regular
> localpart (that is without a suffix), then you must first have a
> router that catches localparts without local_part_suffix set. I do
> that in my alias, so that I can distinguish suffixes. Say you have
>
> foo-bar that is aliases to foobarred
>
> and
>
> foo that is aliased to thecatinthehat

Ah hah! Neat. I believe I understand.

> --
> H U M P H

Fair enough! :-)

Klaus, Jakob, Giuliano, thanks again. Now there's at least two ways to do
this -- excellent.

    - Chris

--

Chris Knadle