Re: [exim] ldap schema for exim4

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] ldap schema for exim4
On Thursday 19 January 2006 15:18, Christian Schmidt wrote:
> Eduardo Gargiulo, 17.01.2006 (d.m.y):
> > I'm looking for a working schema to integrate exim4 with LDAP; I'd like
> > to hearing (reading) from the list some experiences using that
> > configuration (exim4+OpenLDAP). Any hint would be appreciated ...

I haven't yet done routing with OpenLDAP + Exim4 [I have done it in the
past with another popular MTA], however I can offer a bunch of bits and
pieces. In the past I had used the inetLocalMailRecipient schema, which can
be included on OpenLDAP by including misc.schma in slapd.conf. This includes
the mailLocalAddress, mailHost, and mailRoutingAddress attributes. I had
also used the mailAlternateAddress attribute at the time, but I don't know
what schema that attribute is assocated with at the moment.
Note that if you read the misc.schema file, it considered expired and "not
recommended for production use".

That said, I have a list of web pages that should give you a starting point
for using the expired schema.

http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030407/052188.html
http://www.nabble.com/LDAP-and-secondary-MX-t217787.html
http://codearcher.com/exim-users/2005/08/msg00400.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-isp/2005/07/msg00106.html

There are other schemas that can be used to do this, but in general they
seem more complicated than using the expired one above.

    - Chris

--

Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@???