Re: [exim] Setup for authenticated submission

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Bill Hacker
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Setup for authenticated submission
John W. Baxter wrote:
> On 1/18/06 8:09 AM, "Kjetil Torgrim Homme" <kjetilho@???> wrote:
>

>>>Only if you do not want it to begin life in an SSL 'tunnel'. We do.
>>
>>fair enough, but this is at odds with Internet standards
>

> Now, now...it's only been deprecated for a decade or so, in favor of
> STARTTLS.

Yep, and we will still be installing it as long as it remains a better
solution for an MUA, along with:

- Zippo's which will light in a windstorm, 'deprecated' by Bic lighters
that will not,

- Case 'old Forge' carbon-steel knives, which will hold a sharp edge,
'deprecated' by stainless steel that will not,

- Easily cleaned last-forever black-iron skillets 'deprecated' by
shortlived teflon on aluminum

- Colt .45 ACP's 'deprecated' by a 9mm parabellum with half the
muzzle-energy

- American 'compact' cars 'deprecated' by monster SUV's

- and now the PowerBook G4 at 64 watts but normally run at <10% load
'deprecated' by the Intel Core Duo at 85 Watts to be run at < 6% load.... ??

Anyone else out there notice how folks should leave home and rule the
world while they are still young enough to know everything?

> And it will stay in use for at least another decade after
> Microsoft changes Outlook Express, if they ever do. (The ldaps protocol
> stands a good chance of going away sooner.)
>
> --John

Well d'you know dogs?

Much of this 'progress' came about for the same reason dogs groom
themselves in a contortionist manner.

'Coz they are able to, and no one cares to interfere....    ;-)

Best,

Bill