Re: [exim] SMTP error from remote mail server

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Exim Mailing List
Para: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [exim] SMTP error from remote mail server
On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 01:09:57PM +0200, Leonid Shulov wrote:
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:09:57 +0200
> From: Leonid Shulov <lshulov@???>
> Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP error from remote mail server
>
> Steven Wayne wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:16:13PM +0200, Leonid Shulov wrote:
> >

> >>Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:16:13 +0200
> >>From: Leonid Shulov <lshulov@???>
> >>To: exim-users@???
> >>Subject: [exim] SMTP error from remote mail server
> >>
> >>When I send mail from root to SMTP server in log file and Mail Delivery
> >>I see this report:
> >>
> >>lshulov@???
> >> SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
> >>TO:<lshulov@???>:
> >> host mail.arabellasw.com [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 550 cannot route to
> >>sender address <root@???>
> >>
> >>What can I change in config files to resolve this problem?
> >>

> >Don't send emails from "myhost.localdomain".
> >
> >The server you're sending to has a check for valid domains and your email
> >is failing it.
> >

> "myhost.localdomain" is my local PC from wich I want to send E-mail.

Then you'll need to configure your MTA to give emails a valid envelope
sender.

Something along the lines of:

begin rewrite

*@myhost.localdomain    $1@???    frsF

Or whatever your email address is.

There are some examples in the book. And probably googling for "exim
rewrite" will show some others.

Steven.
--
Quality Control, n.:
    The process of testing one out of every 1,000 units coming off