Re: [exim] SMTP error from remote mail server

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Bill Hacker
Para: exim
Assunto: Re: [exim] SMTP error from remote mail server
Leonid Shulov wrote:

> Steven Wayne wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:16:13PM +0200, Leonid Shulov wrote:
>>

>>> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:16:13 +0200
>>> From: Leonid Shulov <lshulov@???>
>>> To: exim-users@???
>>> Subject: [exim] SMTP error from remote mail server
>>>
>>> When I send mail from root to SMTP server in log file and Mail
>>> Delivery I see this report:
>>>
>>> lshulov@???
>>> SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
>>> TO:<lshulov@???>:
>>> host mail.arabellasw.com [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 550 cannot route to
>>> sender address <root@???>
>>>
>>> What can I change in config files to resolve this problem?
>>>

>> Don't send emails from "myhost.localdomain".
>>
>> The server you're sending to has a check for valid domains and your email
>> is failing it.
>>

>> Steven.
>>

> "myhost.localdomain" is my local PC from wich I want to send E-mail.
>
> Leonid

Hopefully with an MUA, not Exim.

If so, your upstream ISP will replace that or add to it, such that you
appear to be hitting the MTA as, for example:

bzq-80-16-113.red.bezeqint.net ([82.80.16.113]    helo=[192.168.0.80])

- as you appeared in this message.

or as:

69-170-39-40.chvlva.adelphia.net ([69.170.39.40]:49513)

- as I (presently) appear in my posting, though the 'hostname' on my Mac
is simply 'pb'.

If you want to run Exim, or any other MTA, on a PC (very bad idea) you
should have:

- a fixed IP

- a registered 'real' domain.tld,

- a complete DNS entry, including rDNS PTR record

that are published to the world at large.

Even if you have control of an authoritative DNS, few ISP's will support
a fixed IP and a PTR record on a 'residential' or SOHO subscription.

Without these, most properly configured MTA's may (should) reject your
traffic, as it will look exactly spam-worms from a zombified WinBox.

MTA's are for servers, even if only one-user-per-domain, and the DNS and
such is every bit as important as the code.

Otherwise, most MUA's can do everything 'mailish' that a PC user, or
'family' sharing same needs, including supporting mailing lists, spam
filtering, multiple e-mail ID's, etc.

Horses for courses, IOW.

HTH,

Bill Hacker