Re: SPAM from nabble.com [was: Re: ***BLACKLIST*** [exim] E…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nigel Metheringham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Michelle Konzack
Kopio: exim-users, admin
Aihe: Re: SPAM from nabble.com [was: Re: ***BLACKLIST*** [exim] Exim thinks Spam is a bounce and is delivering the message not filtering]
On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 14:10 +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> since some weeks (since another mailinglist named "Nabble.com"
> can send messages to this list I become spamed to with Error
> messages and other weired things.

Can you expand on this.
I've seen these few messages that come through Nabble with the appended
context link - leading to a frankly pathetic web archive view (if you
are going to do something like this then at least build on from
something like google groups rather than start with a pathetic
non-threaded pile).
However I have not seen anything else coming to me or the list that can
be attributed to them.

[The incoming attempted spam to the list was halved last week by banning
one particular italian domain from sending to us]

> Can the List-Admin from <exim.org> stop this bullshit?

Yes, but I need justification. So far I have nothing other than
irritating signatures, and a pathetic archive - even I don't kill people
for that, yet.

> From now, all messages coming from <nabble.com> are blacklisted.
> Sorry, if they may come back to the <exim-users>.

Well if you bounce them they will cause you to be unsubscribed. Thats
not a problem to me.

    Nigel.