Re: [exim] Related: MailScanner

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: Exim Users List
Betreff: Re: [exim] Related: MailScanner
On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 07:19:19PM +0100, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> I get the impression that MailScanner is almost immensely popular with
> many companies providing support and services. But from the
> documentation it seems to me that it adds very limited functionality to
> what can quite easily be done with Exim itself.

One useful function it can provide is that your scanning load stays roughly
constant, so if you're suffering a flood of mails, then they'll go onto the
queue, being processed by MailScanner at its configured rate. With exim
doing the scanning you are at the mercy of the incoming mail rate (modulo
connection and load limits).

Other people have mentioned the other advantages (the notifies, quarantining
and stripping of attachments).

Cheers

MBM

--