Re: [exim] Finger

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Exim Mailing List
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Finger
On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:11:22AM +0000, Doug wrote:
> Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:11:22 +0000
> From: Doug <genesys2001uk@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Subject: [exim] Finger
>
> Hi guys,
>
> We have just migrated to a new Exim server. The old server used to
> allow 'finger domain@server' to be submitted by certain clients to
> poll the queue but this functionality doesn't exist on the new server
> at the moment.
>
> I have been tasked with getting this working again, but the old server
> has been ditched. Does anyone have any clues as to how to create a
> custom fingerd to accomplish this? We need it running for
> compatibility reasons. Any ideas/pointers would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Many thanks for any assistance,

You don't saywhat OS you're running, but I'll assume Debian :-)

'apt-cache search fingerd' shows:

cfingerd - configurable finger daemon
efingerd - Another finger daemon for unix capable of fine-tuning your output.
ffingerd - a secure finger daemon
fingerd - remote user information server
xfingerd - BSD-like finger daemon with qmail support

I'm sure they'll be available for other OS's too.

Steven.
--
43rd Law of Computing:
    Anything that can go wr