Re: [exim] Related: MailScanner

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Mike Grice
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Magnus Holmgren
Υ/ο: Exim Users List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Related: MailScanner
On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 19:19 +0100, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
-snip-
> Of course, one can always combine MailScanner *and* various acl checks,
> but is the additional benefit worth the effort?

What I find with apps like this (MailScanner, AMaViS) is that they are
usually required for things that aren't really the MTA's job, such as
quarantine/retrieval of bad mail, notifying users, and so on. They just
happen to also do a bunch of other stuff because not all MTA's can, and
they try to cater to a wider audience.

Cheers,
Mike
--
"Flowing like a creek of lava, spicy like paprika"