Re: [exim] bounce non existent users but localdomains

Autor: Konstantin Kletschke
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] bounce non existent users but localdomains
Am 2006-01-11 13:18 +0000 schrieb Tim Jackson:

> You should make sure that all domains have postmaster@

Despite of my real concern (see below), yes.

> this means you have a config error, where DNS is pointing to the local
> machine but there is no router to handle it except dnslookup.

Ok, I found I had a global alias set but routing failed since I had no
postmaster@??? set up. IIRC, damn, its a while ago.

> They will naturally do this if you have "verify = recipient" set in your
> RCPT ACL, and your routers fail routing to addresses that don't exist.

That is done on most of the situations. This time a spammer spammt all
postmasters the first time.

> Without seeing your config it's hard to say but at a guess you may have
> something like this:
>
> ..
>
> some_router:
> driver = something
> domains = +some_domains
> local_parts = foo
>
> ..
>
> in that case, you *may* (this may or may not be a good/clean solution
> depending on your circumstances) need another router immediately below
> that to catch all the addresses that weren't routed, something like:
>
> some_router_fail:
> driver = redirect
> domains = +some_domains
> data = :fail:Unknown user $local_part@$domain
> allow_fail

The last thing is merely what I really asked for.
Instead of freezing the mails for ages with "lowest numbered..." a catch
all should reject them.

Could this be a sane solution?

> If you post your config it will be easier to tell.

I put some stuff onto http://ludenkalle.de/exim

Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF